The Secretary of State for Health confirmed, this Friday (5), the fourth monkey case in Sorocaba (SP). The Municipal Health Department in Sorocaba has confirmed that the town has 19 people who find themselves suspected of getting crimes.
In the case of affirmation, in accordance with the town corridor, it’s a man, 29 years outdated, with a historical past of touring about 20 days to the town of São Paulo.
“The affected person is doing nicely, with out hospitalization, he’s remoted at residence and continues to be monitored by Epidemiological Surveillance, in addition to those that talk instantly with him.”
Last Wednesday (3), the folder modified the variety of paperwork in Sorocaba, one of many cases transferred to Piedade (SP).
The 25-year-old younger man who was interviewing him organized his residence within the metropolis of Piedade. As a outcome, in Sorocaba, on Wednesday, there have been three confirmed cases.
In this area, along with the 4 cases of Sorocaba, Jundiaí (SP) has 4 conformations, Piedade, Cabreúva (SP) and Várzea Paulista (SP) have one case every.
The virus is in the identical household as smallpox is “It is vital to say that the present epidemic doesn’t have a monkey position in human transmission”. (*19*) happens between folks and the present epidemic has a detailed and sexual unfold.
How to keep away from monkeys
- Avoid intercourse with individuals who have pores and skin lesions;
- Avoid kissing, hugging or having intercourse with a sick individual;
- hand hygiene with cleaning soap and water and using alcohol gel;
- Do not share bedding, towels, cutlery, cups, private gadgets or intercourse toys;
- The use of masks, to guard towards drops and saliva, amongst confirmed cases and contacts.
- The look of pimple-like sores or blisters that may seem on the face, mouth or different elements of the physique, such because the palms, toes, chest, genitals or anus;
- A tumor within the neck, armpit and groin;
- Muscle ache.
(*19*) can happen within the following methods:
- In contact with the virus: it’s an contaminated animal, individual or tools, together with animal bites and scratches, catching wild animals, or utilizing merchandise constructed from contaminated animals. It shouldn’t be but identified which animal carries the virus within the wild, though African rats are regarded as accountable for the transmission of the virus;
- Person to individual: Through direct contact with bodily fluids comparable to blood and pus, exhalation or wounds from an contaminated individual, by way of shut contact – together with throughout intercourse – in addition to kissing, hugging or touching elements of the physique with sores brought on by the illness. It shouldn’t be but identified whether or not the monkey can unfold it by way of semen or vaginal fluids;
- Contaminated gadgets which have touched bodily fluids or wounds, comparable to garments or sheets;
- From the mom to the fetus by way of the placenta;
- From mom to youngster throughout or after delivery, by way of skin-to-skin contact;
- Mouth ulcers, sores or sores could be contagious, which means the virus is unfold by way of saliva.